Here's a quick and easy Valentine's Day DIY for all the love birds out there: a handmade "You hold the Key to my Heart" card.
- Mod Podge
- paint brush or sponge
- hot glue or superglue
- pre-cut blank card or a piece of cardstock
- pen or pencil
- a key. Any kind of key will do, but a vintage skeleton key looks extra pretty
1. Cover your workspace with a piece of junk mail ( as always when working with glitter)
2. Apply Mod Podge all over the key
3. Spread glitter
4. Spread even more glitter. Just because it's so much fun :)
5. Let dry completely ( at least an hour or two)
6. Once dry, remove any excess glitter with a soft brush, or by gently tapping the key against the table top
7. Glue the key to the center of your card
8. Write down the wording. You can either draw the heart, punch it from patterned paper, or use a glitter sticker, like i did
And that's it!